Monday, December 19, 2016

Manhattan

A good friend of mine in Chicago likes to order a Manhattan, Maker's Mark, up. Thus one time we were going to have him over for a party and I bought all the ingredients for a Manhattan so that I could make him one, including:
- Maker's Mark bourbon
- Sweet vermouth
- Bitters
- Maraschino Cherries
- ice
- And a shaker!



He didn't drink a Manhattan at the party so I never opened the ingredients and brought them to Oregon. Since they were just sitting in my cabinet I figured I would try to make one for myself and, lo and behold, now it's a favorite. I also use his technique of putting a pit of the cherry juice into the drink. They are quite strong, however! If you have one that's a lot and two will have you mostly done for the evening.

1 comment:

creakypavillion said...

Side-car for me, please