Thursday, April 23, 2015

Is That A Glock In Your Pocket Or Are You…

My new pocket protector arrived yesterday. This new little 42 will be by my side watching over me when venturing out among the great unwashed and unpredictable masses.


It weighs a slight 13oz empty but when loaded it gains approximately 1200 grains. It's small and light, just the way I like it. With an aftermarket replacement floor plate pinky-rest the overall grip will be perfect for my big paws.

The first thing I did when we got home was a total dismantling and reassembly. The innards are a bit different than my larger models but this little guy is just as simple and easy. All of their products leave the factory with +/- 5.5 lbs of pull. Considering upgrading the pull to about 8.5 lbs. to avoid pulling a Fife, since there will always be one in the pipe. This new little friend is not intended for winning marksmanship contests or IDPA matches. We're playing defense here so a hard pull won't be an issue.

.

One customer who is an NRA Certified Instructor at the local rifle club owns a 42 and gave it a fabulous review after putting it to his test. Light, accurate and surprisingly little muzzle flip, meaning good follow-up shots. Others who have purchased these tell me the same. I have no lack of confidence my 100gr Cor-Bons aren't enough to get the job done.

The new 42 is the perfect solution for concealed protection during the summer months. It is light enough that my loose fitting elastic band shorts won't be dropping to my knees unexpectedly.

Saturday morning we'll head out to the range and break it in. Let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Looks good.

Dan from Madison said...

Cool!