Saturday, July 12, 2014

Less of Me

Our tens of readers may have noticed that I have been somewhat absent from these pages over the last few months.  There is a reason for this.

A long time ago, perhaps five years or so, a blog I used to read put up a post that said that they were done.  The reason was that the person (forgive me, I forget the blog and the person) had been writing a post and later realized that they had already done a post on the subject a few years prior.

This same thing happened to me about four months ago.  While the person I previously referenced just up and quit blogging, assuming that they were at the end, I have just taken a step back.  I comment more on blogs that I like to follow and am reading more books.  You know, those things with covers and pages in between that have words on them. 

I am also blogging about different subjects, some of which I don't think will appeal to our tens of readers here, or that don't necessarily follow our format here about Life in the Great Midwest.  You can find me occasionally writing at ChicagoBoyz, Fire Ron Turner, Kollej Football is Life, and most importantly, at Drunk Bear Fans, the vortex of all the internet.

I also spend a bit of time on Facebook (which I consider a micro blogging site anyways) jacking my friends around.

So no need to get your panties in a bunch.  I will be around.  Promise.

6 comments:

creakypavillion said...

Checked out those other sites you mentioned and can't say I'm much impressed..not that they are bad, just I have no particular interest in Drunks, Bears, Facebook or Football. Sorry.

Life in the Midwest, meanwhile, is endlessly fascinating.

Dan from Madison said...

Yea those other sites are mostly garbage. Life in NYC is also fascinating to me.

Gerry from Valpo said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSzmuWImK7Q

Carl from Chicago said...

I've been blogging less too because I'm just getting killed at work and also doing some other side projects. I'm kind of working 2 jobs at once since I am contributing to a professional service group and speaking and traveling with them.

I do need to get back on the horse here because we've done a lot of good stuff and there's more to do.

Barry said...

Drunk Bear Fans "Turtle, turtle, turtle", need I say more?

Mark said...

But I pay good money for - oh yeah, never mind.

I'll keep litgm in my feed reader, so if you post something, great, if not... To be honest, I hadn't noticed any drop off due to Gerry's good posts.

Also - I love hearing the same stories from Grandma over and over again!