Saturday, August 11, 2012

Stubs

Pictured above is one way to secure a cheap souvenir from an event you attend.  A long, long time ago, sometime in the 80's, I started keeping my ticket stubs from any event I attended.  I lapsed for a few years in the 90's, but started back up again and have been keeping them ever since.  There must be 500 or more here.  I am not sure how I will ever display these but I might make a shadow box of the cool ones someday.

On top you can see Stevie Ray Vaughn at Foellinger Auditorium - that is at the U of I campus.  If memory serves, Carl had to scalp us tickets for this one but that might not be true.  Any way you slice it, I was there, and it was epic.  We were down in front.  May 7, 1987.  Man that was a long time ago.

It is cool to flip through the stubs.  Athletic events of every sort, concerts, dance recitals, boat rides, and all sorts of other stuff.  Keep your stub, they bring back good memories.

2 comments:

Carl from Chicago said...

Yes I scalped those

That story deserves an (edited) post

Gerry from Valpo said...

Still on the lookout for my Super Bowl X ticket from 1976. Face value was $40. for a seat between the 40's in Miami's old Orange Bowl.