Monday, January 16, 2012

Social Distortion and Time

Dan and I are going to see Social Distortion out in Reno, Nevada. Social Distortion has been around for years and years, meaning that at one time or other I have owned their music on record, on cassettes, on CD's, and finally in MP3 format. But pretty much everything got lost along the way.

So in order to catch up on Social Distortion and what they are playing now I just typed "Social Distortion Setlist" and went to the set list wiki and filled up my iPod with the songs that they have been playing on the recent tour. Good thing too, because most of the songs I am familiar with are from their earliest couple of albums and they seem to be playing some new music. I'll just clear everything else off my shuffle and play this while I am working out and running and soon I will be ready for the show.

In the end I just need to break down and buy all their albums again in electronic format and probably will do so after the show. It is a good cause, anyways, since like Lemmy I can hardly believe that Mike Ness is still alive after all these years.

Another surprising thing is that I typed "Social Distortion" in Google and Dan's concert review was #3 on the list, even ahead of their Wikipedia entry, which stunned me. Either Google is smokin' something or we have a few more readers than we expect. Probably the former...

6 comments:

Dan from Madison said...

You need to buy the newest Sx Dx album, Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes - it is fantastic beginning to end. They play five or six off of that one. Also expect I Was Wrong, Bad Luck, Ring of Fire, Story of my Life, Ball and Chain, Mommy's Little Monster and a few other classics.

I agree with the Mike Ness/Lemmy/Dave Mustaine comparison, it is good to donate to them as it is a modern miracle their bodies are still functioning.

Carl from Chicago said...

My favorite is 'cold feelings' but for some reason that isn't on their set list. But these new ones seem great and I have a few weeks to get into the groove.

Also they added a second show in Reno that's cool hope everyone gets the Social Distortion vibe.

Dan from Madison said...

Almost better than the show itself is the crowd watching, you feel like you are on a Sha Na Na episode, with tattoos.

Sk8 said...

The former, don't inflate his head.

PuGz said...

I don't mean to burst your bubble on the Google result but what you are seeing is due to Google's personal results.
I would suggest you read the following article. Keep up the good work.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry-magid/google-personal-search-results-_b_1206420.html

Jonathan said...

The bird still flies!

Hey, where are my teeth...