Sunday, January 08, 2012

Famous Photos

Gerry from Valpo has met more famous people than I can even name. It always cracks me up when he tells his stories, and I hope more are coming. Maybe he can put up a new category "famous people Gerry has met" so we can keep track of the photos and stories here in LITGM. In fact, I think I will do that right now. I need to go back and re-categorize the Bobby Knight stuff.

Last night I went to the fights here in Madison and some of the guys from a very famous gym in Milwaukee were competing. It was Duke Roufus's gym.

Duke is a legendary Muay Thai fighter, and his gym is putting out guys fighting in the UFC. His picture is up in our gym - there is a loose affiliation between our gym and his.



One of Duke's most successful fighters is Anthony "Showtime" Pettis. Pettis threw one of the most incredible strikes in MMA history with this insane kick on Ben Henderson.



As an interesting side note, Henderson has gone on to great things in the UFC and has a championship bout in Tokyo in the near future. I have a friend in Phoenix that trains Jiu Jitsu with him.

Here is Showtime and a local Madison legend.



This ends my collection of photos with famous people. And they aren't even that famous for anyone outside of the MMA sphere.

1 comment:

Gerry from Valpo said...

Thanks for the special category. I've had a wild, diverse and quite charming life. Through no fault of my own.