Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Farcebook Rant

This is way too amusing to me. I logged into Farcebook this morning. It happens every few weeks because that’s about how often I check into old bookmarks.

After being goaded into signing up for this social network wank a long time ago I signed up just placate some friends and to see what all the hoo-hah was. Just as predicted, not much there I could give a crap about.

When I checked my blog email this morning this message came up well after I logged onto my Farcebook site. There was no problem logging in at all.


So what does this even mean? I assume it means that since I do not log on more than bi-monthly (no sexuality jokes, please) they assume I am having problems logging on so their creepy autobot sent me a message. Nothing but a trick to get me into logging in again as if there was some problem.

They want me on it often so they can generate and update a marketing profile of me and my habits. Since I never use it and my name there is Gerry Fromvalpo they can suck it.

I don’t feel any need to let all my “friends” know when I blow a world record booger from my nose or announce that I “like” some type of commercial product. The blog is good enough for me.

Others my age have told me much of the same. The problem for them was they used their long form birth certificate names. Dumb da dumb dumb. People they know and have not seen for decades but don’t want any type of contact with manage to find them and bug the crap out of them.

What most users fail to realize is that Farcebook gleans tons of personal data about individuals and their habits and creates personal profiles of them. That data is then sold by Farcebook to marketing firms, consulting firms and the government.

That’s why Schmuckerburg is an insanely wealthy young guy. He gathers and sells personal information. He is also a good chum of President Zero. That’s all I need to know.

I also refuse to save a few cents by signing up for and using those saver club cards at the local grocery or any retailer for that matter. It’s one reason I use my only credit card sparingly. Information is power. Big marketers want that power. I know this from working in marketing for decades.

I know, I know, there is no way to keep all my information personal. At least I don’t have to just give it away.

Sell my soul to the devil? Give it away for free? None for me thanks.

2 comments:

Terry from Crown Point said...

I've been trying to dismount from schmuckerberg's crap and have so far been unsuccessful. Help me if you can.

Gerry from Valpo said...

Sorry, once it's out there it's out there for good.