Friday, May 13, 2011

Check This Out – Hot Brass Magazine

Months ago an LITGM reader sent me a personal email. Her name is Lenee.



She read this entry where I wrote about my son Andy’s urge to buy his first handgun. It seemed to get her attention.

Lenee asked if she could republish the piece in a new firearms publication called ‘Hot Brass’, the official publication of The Gun Club of America. How she found our little blog, I have no idea.

I wrote back and gave her permission on two conditions, my last name could not be published and the LITGM blog was to get some mention. I did not request any compensation.

Today Lenee sent me a .pdf copy of the first issue of ‘Hot Brass’ with a reprint of my blog entry complete with images. She even gave some attention to Gunstock, our annual gathering of second amendment devotees.

I cobbled the single page .pdf files into book/spread form. You should be able to click on the images below to read.







Here at LITGM we do not write or publish for money or attention. We do not take ourselves too seriously. It’s simply a creative release and a fun way to kill some time.

Thanks Lenee. All the best to you and may your Hot Brass publication and Gun Club of America become a big success.

6 comments:

Dan from Madison said...

how damned cool is that? nice work!

Carl from Chicago said...

That is great! and now I am looking forward to gunstock even more

Gerry from Valpo said...

Thanks, guys. This is damn cool.

Recognition is nice, especially when not asking for it.

As Dan says, this is why we blog.

Les said...

Hey! You are a published writer! Well... sort of! Great stuff!

Annie said...

WOW!
Good on you! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Gerry. It's people like you that keep my faith in America strong! It's nice to know I can read one of the LITGM posts and always find a friend. Thanks all of you, and keep writing, for that is what makes us all strong!
Lenee