Friday, February 18, 2011

Open Letter To Senator John Erpenbach

State Senator John Erpenbach
Room 106 South
State Capitol
PO Box 7882
Madison, WI 5307-7882

Senator Erpenbach,
This letter is to inform you and your staff about my disappointment and anger in regards to you leaving the state before a senate vote on February 17. It doesn’t matter whether I voted for you or not. The fact of the matter is this – I am now essentially disenfranchised. My elected representative is not present at the capitol building to vote on proposed legislation.

You have made the reasons for doing this clear in televised interviews. You did it because you didn’t like the legislation. People can call you a sore loser since your party was drummed out in the general election, or make other accusations. I will do no such thing.

I consider my rights as a law abiding citizen SACROSANCT. I am now disenfranchised. I will do everything in my power from here on to help your primary opponents, and general election opponents. I will volunteer for your opponents and donate money to their campaigns.

You cannot apologize to make it right. You cannot undo this. You have crossed the line.

Cross posted at Chicago Boyz.

3 comments:

Gerry from Valpo said...

By far the most cowardly political behavior I have ever seen.

Dan from Madison said...

I still can't believe I am f!cking disenfranchised!!! Freedom rally today at the square, should be an intersting day down there to say the least.

Anonymous said...

Erpenbach should stay in Illinois for good, and Rahm Emanuel would pick him up as another "dead fish"!