Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Near Bozeman, Montana

Recently I had an opportunity to travel to Montana for a brief weekend to visit with my folks who were traveling through. They now have direct flights into some of the more affluent cities such as Bozeman and Kalispell from Chicago which was unheard of even a few years ago when you had to connect through a city like Denver or Minneapolis on the way to Great Falls, Billings or Missoula.


This is why they call it "Big Sky Country" - a view near Bozeman.


We stayed at a KOA nearby that was surrounded by mountains; I like the clouds curling over the mountain tops and the start of the rainbow in this photo.


Here is a view of Hyalite Creek just outside Bozeman, where a fly fisherman is enjoying his day.


Here is a view from a reservoir in the mountains south of Bozeman; the waters seem absolutely still.

4 comments:

Dan from Madison said...

Wow that is some nice scenery. I have never been to Montana, think I need to.

Gerry from Valpo said...

So that's what Bozeman looks like. I hear the name often on weather reports, usually during winter months.

Looks like Colorado. Nice photos.

Cassi said...

I live in Bozeman, MT and am glad to hear you enjoyed the area! It is one of the best places to live and play:)

Jonathan said...

Beautiful.