Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Summer Reading... Not

I was out walking through a bookstore with my wife (she has to herd me along else I'd spend all day there) when she noticed a particular book in the "summer reading" section...

THE BELL JAR by Sylvia Plath

I don't know what kind of person you'd be to consider this "summer reading" but likely someone who is clinically depressed.  This "bleak books" list put The Bell Jar, a book of her poems, up as one of the "top ten" most depressing books of all time.

Maybe the kid who put this display up did it as a joke, or more likely had no idea what the books on display were, anyways (sadly more likely).

2 comments:

Dan from Madison said...

I don't know - many of the war books I read are depressing on many levels.

Dan from Madison said...

Man that table is full of sh1t books.