Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Down Deep

Over at My Muay Thai, Nopstar has issued the 30 Second Challenge. This is something I can make a go at. The idea is to get in 50 GOOD kicks in 30 seconds on the pads. The rules are pretty easy, just no sissy taibo style cardio kicks. For those who don't know, a good thai kick means that you rotate on the ball of your support foot and clear your hips out so the kick can come through with maximum power. This drill is very exhausting - at the end you just want to die. I made it to 47 but if I trained for this drill I know I could make 50. But it is nasty - it hurts down deep in your lungs - so I will just be happy with 47.

5 comments:

Gerry from Valpo said...

Nothing like winning an ass kicking contest! Nice job.

Dan from Madison said...

Well, I didn't win, but I could...I suppose..:)

Carl from Chicago said...

Do you then do it again with the other leg :)

knirirr said...

Nicely done!

Dan from Madison said...

Carl - well, I could but didn't really want to.