Thursday, March 18, 2010

Think You Are Man Enough?

So you sit there watching MMA matches on TV and think you have what it takes to get in the ring with the big boys. Really? You think you are ready to take and elbow to the noggin'? Be careful what you wish for.

I saw this happen live last week on TV and it was one of the most unbelievable bloodbaths I have ever seen. The guy on the receiving end, Miguel Angel Torres is an unbelievably awesome fighter too - just took a shot when he shouldn't have.

This link isn't for the squeamish, but it does show that even with refs and rules, you can get major league hurt in MMA. That is why I am not in the ring. Worst gash I have ever seen, delivered completely legally by an elbow while his opponent was on top but in the guard.

But before I give you the link, a word or two about elbows. As I progress in my MT curriculum, we are throwing a lot more elbows. We have to be very careful in sparring NOT to connect with them - even a light tap with an elbow hurts and can easily bruise and cut. They are fantastic weapons to use when you get into proper range.

One last warning, the link is pretty bloody and won't be for everyone.

Nasty.

4 comments:

Carl from Chicago said...

Yuck

That's why you need to stay out of the ring except for sparring

Dan from Madison said...

1000% agree. You have to have a screw loose to do that to yourself.

Dan from Madison said...

Although, I will admit, if I would have started this stuff in my younger days I would have been in there no doubt.

Jonathan said...

Impressive. Which is another way of saying I'm glad that's not me.