Saturday, March 13, 2010

Foggy St. Patrick's Day In Chicago



It isn't really St. Patrick's day but Saturday is the day of the parade and I expect general drunkenness and mayhem overall. Unfortunately it is very foggy which won't help the myriad hammered drivers navigate Chicago's one-way streets. I am hoping this clears off it is still early so that people can find there way in here and more importantly find their way back to the suburbs that they came from. Here is a link to the official outfit for St. Patrick's day. I'll also go out later looking to photograph some happy drunks if I feel up for it. I took Dan's advice and put some music over the video I think it is appropriate for this day.

9 comments:

Dan from Madison said...

HAHA perfect choice on the tune. Have fun! Do you actually to go the bars this weekend or let the amateurs have at it without you?

Dan from Madison said...

Off topic, I am lovin' those signs you have been putting on the masthead lately, Gerry.

Gerry from Valpo said...

Thanks, Dan.

And Carl, since the South Side Irish parade has been cancelled you may see far more young drunk suburban street pissers and pukers downtown today than you would in Wrigleyville on any given game day. Charge up that camera battery and get going!

Gerry from Valpo said...

BTW, what's the tune on the video?

Carl from Chicago said...

Bodies by Drowning Pool

Yup it is raining a bit here to make it even messier. Already people lined up at the bar across the street. Getting my camera to go outside

Carl from Chicago said...

DAMN the Illini almost pulled it out with 2 OT against #5 Ohio State

Dan from Madison said...

I know, I watched that, what a heartbreaker.

Carl from Chicago said...

I got some St Pats photos but didn't hang out with the drunks too much. Getting a bit old for that I guess, sigh.

Dan from Madison said...

I hear you - I can only imagine what Mondays was like last night...