Monday, February 01, 2010

Monday Morning Blues



A little history with this one. In the years 1990-1994 I spent a LOT of time immersing myself into the Chicago blues scene. Lonnie Brooks was one of my favorites, and it was an especially good deal to catch him with his son Ronnie Baker Brooks as you can see in this video. I probably saw Lonnie at least a half dozen times back in the day - always a great show. I always left the Chicago blues clubs satisfied, stinking of smoke and booze.

The Blues has an odd, cleansing type effect on me. Having seen so many of the all time greats in my life, I can typically tell if a Blues band "has it" or doesn't within just a few bars of them playing.

I made a few deals with the devil back when I was prowling the Chicago scene, but finally got my money back.

The bad deals I made weren't the Blues' fault though. Blues is always good for the soul. I think it is time for me to get out and catch a show soon.

No comments: