Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Such a Deal!

I gotta admit, the NFL is trying their damdest to figure out ways to separate hardcore fans from their hard earned money.

For the low, low price of $5749 (and up) you can get a package that includes the following for the Super Bowl in Miami:
  • hotel room
  • party admission
  • parking
  • souveneirs
  • one ticket to the game
  • access to the field after the game for thirty minutes (I believe this begins 30 minutes after the game)

I looked in our LITGM kitty and since it is still (and probably always) at zero, this may not be an option for our writing staff here.

But I would imagine that some NFL fans with unlimited money will go for this unbelievably bad deal.

Frankly, it is my opinion that if you don't earn the right to be on the field you shouldn't be there. With one exception - celebration. This is one of the quickest "storming of the fields" that I have ever seen:



Of course, this is how several people almost lost their lives here in Madison several years ago. Buyer beware. After that they removed the guard railings that caused part of the mayhem, and now gladly allow the revelers to rush the field after big games rather than trying to stop the human wave.

4 comments:

Gerry from Valpo said...

If you guys want to pitch in and get me that package I will go there and take some photos, then publish my experience here on the blog. Whaddya think?

Dan from Madison said...

I will have to assess our current revenue stream and get back to you.

Jonathan said...

Wow, that is the worst deal in the entire universe.

BTW, you can park at my place for a grand.

;)

Dan from Madison said...

I think you are right, that probably is the worst deal ever. At a grand to park at your place, now THAT is a deal, as long as lunch is included.