Monday, December 14, 2009

Sledding


For those of you who may not know, up here in Madison we got buried in snow on Tuesday and Wednesday. It was the sixth worst snowstorm since they started keeping records in the late 1800's. Depending on where you were the amounts were from a foot to just under twenty inches of snow. Pretty much everything was closed up here on Wednesday from schools to stores to everything else.

But this winter I am taking a different tack from winters past. Rather than just moping and bitching, I am focusing on my training on bike and dreadmill with an eye on spring. In just a few months all of this nonsense will be over. I also want to learn how to cross country ski. It looks like a great workout and fun to boot. Not sure if that will happen due to time constraints but we will see. Bike and running get priority. And, of course, MT.

It got relatively warm yesterday and I decided to take my youngest sledding (spousal unit and oldest child were shopping). There is a small hill (but big enough for me) just down the street. We weren't the only ones with the idea to go sledding yesterday. It was really fun. The dog's name was Maddy. Short for Madeline I suppose.







Here is one from the sled. Not easy to hold the camera while sledding.



This little girl was having fun doing her own thing.





And, of course, you know what you get at the end - hot chocolate and a warmup by the fire with the kitty in your lap.

7 comments:

Carl from Chicago said...

Hey that's your new cat, right? What's his / her name?

Dan from Madison said...

Not new, we have had him for a year or so. Chester.

Snakeye said...

man I miss the snow...

Dan from Madison said...

Snow is fine, but getting totally buried is no fun.

Sk8 said...

The whiskey in your hot chocolate prolly helped too!

Dan from Madison said...

Not this time around but typically yes.

James R. Rummel said...

Great post! Made me smile.