Thursday, December 24, 2009

Milestone and Merry Christmas

As I was getting ready to put my traditional "Merry Christmas" post I noticed that Andrew's Glock trigger job post is our three thousandth here at LITGM. So thanks to our authors and to our readers for taking part in this massive project. Not a lot of blogs can say that they have that many posts of SUBSTANCE, that are actual thoughts rather than just a link or quote or whatever. I would be interested to know how many words have been put up here, there is probably a program somewhere that can tell me that. As a guess I would say it is in the millions.

Anyway, I hope that all of you get what you want for Christmas, I know I did (more on that later). For now, Merry Christmas to all of you! I stole this video from Annie's place, maybe you will get the gift that keeps on giving for Christmas - a gun. This guy has my favorite gun of all time at 2.11, the Russian WW2 vintage PPsH 41.

7 comments:

Carl from Chicago said...

Funny I was just thinking the same thing. This is a pretty massive project. And our stuff is pretty unique, especially compared to the masses of blogs out there with crap content.

We also are lucky because we have 3 of 4 good photographers and lots of graphics help embedded in the team.

I tried to do a "best of the blog" a while back but you laughed because it was such a daunting project. It still is but I probably will do something like "notable posts" and just randomly pick from the pile of good ones. It is a hard task...

Dan from Madison said...

Good luck with that once again, you will need it.

Dan from Madison said...

I should add that the best is yet to come, with the crappy beer championship round coming soon.

Gerry from Valpo said...

Congratulations on the milestone Dan and Carl.

Annie said...

Dan, I failed to include important info about that vid...so I'll link it here for you.
This comes from a place where they've already had their guns taken from them:
http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/SteveLee1

Dan from Madison said...

I noticed that the guy was driving on the wrong side of the car.

Annie said...

According to some of my Aussie friends, this is a HOT vid there and extremely controversial.
He's my kind of guy.