Sunday, November 15, 2009

Around Chicago



The guy in the Rubik's cube costume caught my eye and when I got home and blew up the photo I realized that they were protesters. Note that they were covering their faces.



It is about the season when the Christmas lights come on. Caught this photo in the North Loop.



Recently I have seen a lot of wedding parties about. This was on Saturday in mid November and the temperature was 65 degrees, which is highly unusual. I feel good for them because they could have been in snow given how lousy the weather was last winter.



This one caused a big laugh for Dan and I at the last Bears' game. Miller Lite is available in "select" bars... ha ha about 600 of them within 3 blocks of my condo.



They had an interesting display of art at Millennium Park, including these dinosaurs from China. Everyone was out for a nice Saturday.

8 comments:

Gerry from Valpo said...

Look closer. "Available in select bars" refers to the Chicago Bear collectable pint glasses they are offering as a promotion. Each glass features great players from the past. I wouldn't mind having a set.

Dan from Madison said...

Well, that sure makes more sense.

Carl from Chicago said...

I'll get Dan a set so that he can relish the Miller products that are leading in the great crappy beer challenge

Dan from Madison said...

You would be a much more proud owner with your beer synergy and all.

Dan from Madison said...

Another odd note, those protesters are anti-Scientology guys, a cause I could get behind. Wonder what the Rubik's cube meant though.

Carl from Chicago said...

Yes I didn't want to mention that in the text of the post because I think they would be worse trolls than even politics would bring about

Jonathan said...

Like Ron Paul supporters on speed. You could start a blog called "Sc********* Sucks" for the sole purpose of collecting hostile comments and subpoenas.

Dan from Madison said...

True.