Wednesday, May 13, 2009

St. Peter's Golden Ale



Funny I am usually lambasted on this blog for my rather all-American taste in bad beers like Miller Lite and of course the High-Life (also known as "Corn flavored water"). Dan even recently sent me some quality drinking glasses for Miller Lite and High Life (will bring them to the Bears opener, for sure).

I was at a bar recently called English in River North and they paired this St. Peter's Golden Ale with my meal and it was excellent.

So not always the High Life for me...

6 comments:

Dan from Madison said...

I bet your wife actually ordered that.

Gerry from Valpo said...

That's a nice photo. Is that a head-free ale? I prefer to get some head when I drink beer.

Snakeye said...

there's hope yet!

Carl from Chicago said...

I agree that there wasn't too much head on this beer. But it was still pretty good.

Steve H. Graham said...

"it was excellent"

No offense, but how would you know?

You have a perfect excuse for spending a year educating your palate.

Dan from Madison said...

haha pretty good Steve...