Friday, May 22, 2009

Random dining thoughts

Dan has become a healthy zealot with food. I used to remember him eating a burger and fries but you won't catch him doing that nowadays. Last time we went out to a Chinese restaurant he ordered TOFU (great restaurant, by the way).



While I am nowhere near Dan's status I am trying to watch what I eat. In particular, I try not to eat what I know is bad for me or make me feel like a big bloated sloth. I was recently at Chipolte where I usually get a burrito "bol" which means that you don't get that white flour burrito, you just get the stuff inside the burrito (and I don't usually order the white rice either) which is relatively healthy or at least doesn't make you feel like you are going to explode immediately after eating. But this time... I got what I really wanted, which was a big ol' steak burrito with bad white rice inside and I just ate it up. I think that it weighted about 2 pounds in my hand which means a big pile of bloating. It tasted good on the way down but I was in for trouble, just as I expected, and most of my day was shot as I barely functioned.

But times like that are less and less frequent, even I can learn at some point.



While this has nothing to do with the post above I had to laugh in my tiny jewel when I saw this cereal box... I thought of the scene in "The Ice Storm" when the 70's sw*ngers (DEFINITELY don't want that traffic) pulled their keys out of a big bowl... and then mayhem ensued.

3 comments:

Dan from Madison said...

That restaurant was Thai, and it was pretty good.

As for the crap food, it just doesn't fit in my life anymore. When you workout like I am you need good proteins, carbos and fats, not chemical nastiness. Chipotle is not the worst fast food for you though, I am guilty of eating at burrito joints on occasion when in a jam.

Originally when I read this I thought you were referring to Jewel the singer, who the box thing does sorta look like. I just saw her on A and E with Chris Isaac and she did some solo songs. The songs were beautiful and she was super HOT. Here is a remake pretty well done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olfSmVevyBc

Jonathan said...

I dream of the old Burrito Buggy days. Eating one of those bombs always led to a two-hour coma, but it was almost worth it.

Carl from Chicago said...

That is a good video of Jewel she looks great