Saturday, May 30, 2009

Carl's beer challenge




In response to Dan's classic beer challenge I am going to celebrate his bravery by doing something that isn't brave at all - I am picking up a beer at Binny's near my house that is highly rated (they put those ratings on them from 1-100 with the good ones being in the 90's or near 100, I think this might have been a 100) and drinking them in response.

I think this beer cost like $5 / bottle (don't know because I was buying a lot of other stuff). I bought a single bottle, warm and put it in the fridge and saved it for the weekend. It is called Orval's Trappist Ale and I think it was brewed by bona-fide monks and sent here from Belgium.

Unlike Dan's crappy beers the head on this beer is immense. The taste is great, and there is no lousy aftertaste. The only aftertaste is that you want more...

Also note the glass that I am drinking it out of. Dan sent me a Miller Lite and a Miller High Life glass to celebrate my love of "corn water".

2 comments:

Dan from Madison said...

haha no synchronicity with that beer/glass combo...

Gerry from Valpo said...

The beer has a head much like my homebrewed IPA.

Looks great. More filling. :)