Tuesday, April 28, 2009

PBR Pub Crawl



Recently I was out with a friend of mine at a local bar in Roscoe Village, where he lives. A big crowd of people were milling around, apparently part of a pub crawl, and they called us outside to take a picture of them using their cameras (it was early in the night, and everyone seemed in pretty good spirits, and mostly functional).

It turns out it was a PBR pub crawl, meaning that they were drinking PBR at every bar they came to. They even gave us a bumper sticker which I lost somewhere during the evening but I found a photo of in my camera the next day.

MAN those people must have a stomach like a lizard or something. It is hard to imagine drinking PBR on purpose for hours on end. But shouldn't something like this be done out of a can, with the can kind of warm? That would give you the true PBR spirit.

7 comments:

Dan from Madison said...

I still plan on my "sweet 16" tasting challenge, and I assume that PBR will fall fast and hard.

Mark said...

Just noticed a billboard a few weeks ago with the slogan: "PBR Me ASAP". If I ever travel that road again I'll stop for a picture. For some reason I recall as a kid that PBR was my Dad's beer of choice on the rare occasion he drank. I can picture in my mind them calling it Blue Ribbon (early '80s).

Gerry from Valpo said...

What was the age group of those PBR pub crawlers? Were they under 30?

Snakeye said...

Hot Carl! I thought you liked cat-piss beer!

Dan from Madison said...

He does, Miller Lite is his brew of choice.

Carl from Chicago said...

They were mostly under 30.

Jonathan said...

Damn, why didn't I think of this.