Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pacquiao vs. Hatton

As I continue my journey with Muay Thai, it is painfully apparent that my boxing part is the worst of my skillset. Kicks - 7 out of 10. Clinchwork - 8 out of 10. The strength circuits are really helping with that, and learning new techniques in the clinch are helping as well. Knees and elbows - 7 out of 10. Boxing - 4. I just plain suck at it.

Well, "suck" is probably relative. I should say that I suck relative to the other guys in my class who are better boxers than me. Sure, I am improving, but it is a very, very slow haul. The results don't really come to me as fast in the "sweet science" as they do kicking, or doing other things.

To that end, I have been trying to watch more boxing on TV to catch a tip here or there. I have found a fighter that I really like, Manny Pacquiao. Get a load of this guy.



His hand speed is just sick.

Well, I will keep working on the boxing, and I hope Manny wins his fight this weekend too. Too bad it is on pay per view - I just have never been a fan of the PPV stuff unless I am going in with a bunch of guys to split the cost.

4 comments:

brett said...

I've been loving the behind the scenes look at the Pacquiao camp that HBO's 24/7 has been providing...it's really got me pumped up for Saturday! This past week in particular was a great episode. I’m glad they used the song “The Goin’s Great” by Sammy Davis, Jr. to start the episode….such a great mood setter - makes me think Vegas, which of course makes me think boxing.

Anyway, I hope Pacquiao puts on a show, to prove he’s the toughest pound-for-pound fighter there is, and also just to shut up Meriweather…. Check out the opening clip at http://displacedbrett.wordpress.com/2009/04/26/pacquiaohatton-madness/

Dan from Madison said...

Very cool stuff Brett, very few people have any idea how much hard work people put in that fight, it isn't like they just decide one day to get in the ring, there are months and months of training and preparation.

I do hope Manny wins, just wish it wasn't on pay per view.

Steve H. Graham said...

Ricky Hatton is in that bag.

Dan from Madison said...

That was UGLY.