Friday, April 17, 2009

BCS by the Onion

Dan is the college football fanatic on this blog but I am a pretty decent follower. We try not to poke at topics that are "done to death" elsewhere in the blogosphere but I had to laugh out loud with the latest Onion article on the topic called
Cheering Fans, Thrilling NCAA Tournament Disgust BCS Officials

I frankly cannot believe what I am seeing... the elegant logic of actually having teams play one another instead of having a council of their betters select which team is superior to which - that is not what sports is all about.

And the fans... urgghh... simply enjoy their teams' triumphs or mourn their defeats. Where are the heated arguments? Where are the unsettled disputes that will fester forever?"

1 comment:

Dan from Madison said...

That reminds me of the old Southwest Airlines vs. United joke where the United people can't figure out for the life of them how Southwest is eating their lunch just a few gates down the terminal.