Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Padraig

St. Patrick's Day used to be a HUGE party day for me way back when I was a youngster. I have some Irish in me, as I am a mutt of northern European descent. I also have German, Latvian, and English in my blood (and who really knows what else - hopefully, no French).

Poor St. Patrick - everyone uses the day to celebrate the national saint of Ireland to get totally blasted, especially the youngsters. I especially like the sideshow of eating corned beef and cabbage, and will consume some of that for my lunch today. Well, Happy Padraig to you, and you will notice that we will be green with the text around here today. Since I have to work tomorrow, that is about all the celebration you will get out of me, except perhaps a small scotch later (heh - scots) to toast my Irish roots.

4 comments:

Snakeye said...

Nice... it's off the hook here in Savannah. Too bad I quit drinking for Lent...

Carl from Chicago said...

Love the green tint on the blog!

Dan from Madison said...

Damn Snake, lots of things you coule give up besides that, but good for your health.

yea Carl I like the green too, need to remember to go back to black tomorrow.

Sk8 said...

Once you go black dan...

Happy ST Patty Day.