Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I Know What You’re Thinking…

.
…did he fire 15 shots or only 14? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But you have to ask yourself one question…do I feel lucky?


With one of these devices on the end of my evil, ugly, plastic, foreign made black .40 Glock (definitely NOT a 1911 John Browning .45ACP object of holy worship) it probably would be hard to tell if I fired all 15 shots. Add a laser sight and this would be one menacing work of art. Being a polite person would I think of disturbing my neighbors at 2am while protecting my family from home invaders?

I did not know these devices were legally available to law abiding citizens living in a free republic protected by the second amendment. Here’s a site that offers noise suppression devices (silencers) for various firearms.

http://www.johnsguns.us/main.htm

The FAQ portion of the site explains all the jumps and bullsh!t one must go through to legally posses one. Indiana is one of the states that permits possession of a noise suppressor. After all, we live in a free world here in the Hoosier State. NOTE: Failure to comply can result in a $250,000 fine, 10 years in prison, or both.

Interesting. The damn suppression device costs more than the Glock so a suppressor is just not for me. I really don’t care if my neighbors hear the sound of self defense in action at 2am. coming from my place. In the future they might think twice about letting their damn dogs crap on my lawn before walking away empty handed.


Dan might like this model. It’s built with a vertically integrated suppressor barrel, nothing to screw in or add to the barrel length. He could practice in his Madison back yard and nobody would ever know.

BTW, Gunstock ll Reloaded is only six months away.

5 comments:

Dan from Madison said...

Can't wait for Gunstock Reloaded, bigger and better.

I actually looked at owning one of those Ruger's but couldn't for the life of me come up with a practical use for it that my pistols and rifles won't cover. Meh, maybe still if I find a cheap used one someday.

Carl from Chicago said...

I will bring out my dad to gunstock next time, too

Anonymous said...

If the Midwest is such a great place, why are you so afraid that someone is going to invade your home? And why are your neighbors letting their dogs crap all over your yard? And why do you hate the leader of your country, Barack Obama, so much? Obama has had only seventy days to clean up thirty years of disastrous Reagan and Bush economic and social policies. Give the guy a chance. Or is fair play something you folks in the Midwest don't believe in?

Gerry from Valpo said...

The post said nothing about Obama so I have no idea what you're suggesting. But I am a bitter clinger : )

Send me an email if you want to take this offline.

Anonymous said...

Silencers are essential tools of self-preservation. But don't forget to also protect yourself with a bullet-proof vest like that guy in Pittsburgh had on when he killed all those cops.