Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm Offended

Rant warning...

Actually, I am a very hard person to offend. I have wondered over my lifetime if it is because I grew up in the Midwest. Most people I associate with take offense pretty well. Maybe it is the hard winters that steel our souls.

The humor I like is mostly about things that are not politically correct. I love the show Reno 911. I like Sanford and Son, and that show makes fun of me, whitey, all the time. Irreverent, biting, satirical humor is where it is at. Put me in front of the TV watching most of today's sitcoms and I look like a stone idol. Put Reno 911 on and I am a laughing stooge. Well, some would say I am a stooge anyway.

I just get soooo sick of the political correctness that surrounds us. It is ratcheted up to another level in super liberal Madison, but I am used to that by now. I see and hear it in the national media too. When I was a kid I had black friends. No more, they are African Americans. I still have to catch myself before saying "black guy". Call me insensitive.

When I was a kid, my friends and I would tease and make fun of each others nationalities all the time. Remember Polack jokes? God bless 'em I absolutely love Polish people, hope I didn't make any cry back when I was ten. Do kids have any fun at all anymore? I know that my kids don't sit "Indian style", it is "criss cross applesauce". I sh1t you not. But in my house, those kids are sitting INDIAN style, dammit. Hey, I didn't kill any injuns, so anyone who thinks it is racist or whatever, GET OVER IT.

Over the past year or so the English I have been hearing is nearly all code words. People aren't even short any more, they are "vertically challenged". Not to me. The dude is short. Like I said, Madison is REALLY good at this sort of thing. It is almost like we are trying to make everyone sound the same or look the same, even if we are so very different. The examples of this trend abound.

Well some people are taking offense to a game. I actually played it, it is pretty cool, I landed the jet safely the first time. Here is the game, give it a try! Are you f*cking kidding me, people are taking offense over a computer game? A game that simulates an event where nobody died? Have they ever seen WW2 computer games? What about the feelings of those who actually participated in an actual horrific event like WW2? What a bunch of crap.

Play the game. Have fun. Screw political correctness. The dude is short. We sit Indian style. I am white. I am a kraut.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and buck up a bit and quit being offended over the lamest crap. Lame, lame, lame. Rant over, back to our regularly scheduled blogging, already in progress.

11 comments:

Dan from Madison said...

Note - the second time I played the game I nose dived that bitch right into the Hudson to see what would happen. Call me insensitive.

johnnyj said...

Haha! You insensitive prick.

I love it! Great rant...

Annie said...

Shut up Whitey, and find yourself.

Annie said...

P.S.
Don't look for "Indian red" in the Crayola box anymore, either. Indian red" was renamed "chestnut".

Dan from Madison said...

I LOVE stuff white people love. That has always been a great site.

pst314 said...

The primary purpose of all this "sensitivity" BS is to allow lefties to push people around. If they weren't bullying people their lives would have no meaning.

Dan from Madison said...

Agreed pst.

pst314 said...

And the more petty and pointless the bullying, the more effective the message, both to the victim and to the witnesses: "We have power. You don't. We can destroy anyone we don't like."

That central to leftism.

Gerry from Valpo said...

pst341, I like the cut of your jib!

Mark said...

Love the people on the wings! Just needs a ferry to zoom in to the rescue.

John said...

Offense is a way of controlling people. If someone can install a button on you that makes you jump whenever that person says "I'm offended", they'll be able to control you. Gotta rip out those buttons.