Saturday, December 27, 2008

Vaseline Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy

About a month ago I received an email from someone I didn't know. It was one of those where you sit and look at it, wondering if you should open it up. I did, and it ended up being from a marketing company that was hired to promote products. They wanted me to do a review of the above lotion. I have no clue how they found me, but the nasty dry winters of the midwest are a perfect place for them to market and sell this product.

This is the second time I have been "paid" to blog, the first resulting in a free picture book of old photos of Madison. So I sent back the usual reply to them, saying I am happy to take the stuff off of their hands, with one caveat - I would be truthful in my review.

I received a half dozen containers of this lotion yesterday and I have to truthfully say that I like it. I received the unscented version and this made me very happy as my nose is extremely sensitive - I rarely let my wife wear perfume because my eyes water and nose runs if I smell it too much. It is literally worse than taking a punch in the face. Anyway, this stuff has a very faint odor - it almost smells like one of those inner tubes you would blow up for your pool. Sort of plastic like. But the smell isn't that big of a deal.

When you rub it on your hands I like the fact that the greasiness goes away pretty quickly. I don't know if this is because my hands are so dry, or if it is because of the composition of the lotion. Probably some of both.

This lotion also passed the "mom test", so we will be using it on the kids as well.

I don't know if you can use it on your face or not - it doesn't say you can, but it doesn't say you can't. I usually grease up with some Ponds every morning after shaving, but I think I might give this stuff a go as well.

So, if you are looking for some lotion to combat the dry winter season, I would recommend this stuff if you can find it.

No comments: