Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Montana-Bahn


There is a comment thread over at Chicago Boyz responding to my comment on Chicago drivers tearing down the left lane of I290. Someone asked if there was any experience about the experiment of unlimited speeds in Montana (they do have limits at night).

I... uh... found this photo on the internet of someone driving quickly in Montana. Rumor has it that there are many wide open spaces where you can see far ahead and the flat landscape means that there is no where for authorities to find you, should they care to do so.

There are speed limits at night and these are taken seriously; there is an amazing amount of wild life in parts of Montana and you do not want to hit them with your car at high speed.

1 comment:

Gerry from Valpo said...

The speedo on my MX5 goes to 150. I had it up to 110 once before I ran out of country road. The tach a few more clicks before redline.

On the Ike? Fuggeddaboudit.