Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Door County


Had a great holiday weekend and visited Door County. Unusually for me, I got some great photos.

We stayed in a town called Ephraim. I highly recommend it, especially if you have kids. You can just walk along the road there - lots of shops, a public beach, different restaurants, and most important of all, a great ice cream store. Looking it up on wikipedia I noted an odd statistic - Ephraim is the only dry municipality in Wisconsin. Oh well, we brought our old wine (BYOW).

We went to a nearby state park and they have a tall tower overlooking the lake. At the top of the tower I looked over and there was a big Bald Eagle, just hanging out on the branch. Very cool.
This photo was taken right in town. I think the guy is looking for some sort of sea crustacean... but I am no expert. I really like the way this photo turned out - especially the contrast between the sand and the water.



I took some sunset photos that really turned out well. They kind of look like photos from a brochure from the State of Wisconsin or something like that. The weather was perfect and the sunsets were great.

1 comment:

Dan from Madison said...

Nice photos. Door County is really beautiful, but I disagree with your assessment of bringing the kids. There just isn't a lot for them to do up there. Older kids perhaps who would appreciate the nature more, but not little kids.