Friday, February 15, 2008

More cool cars at the Auto Show





Two more cool cars at the Chicago Auto show were the Audi R8, a mid engined screamer that actually is a work of art. Sometimes I walk through the Merchandise Mart to get out of the cold and rain and one time they just had one of those R8 cars in the lobby and it looked great.

The Dodge Challenger was launched at the Chicago Auto show. As you can see above, it was in the traditional "Dukes of Hazzard" (or was it Starsky & Hutch?) Orange.

3 comments:

Gerry from Valpo said...

That Audi doesn't do a thing for me. It may be an engineering masterpiece but the styling leaves me a bit...flacid.

BUT...that new Challenger is pure retro muscle car heaven. If it performs like the original (which I doubt) it would be a real piece of work! SCHWINGGG!

My neighbor restored an original 1972 Dodge 340 Six-Pack to factory spec in the original lime green. It looks just like this.

http://www.rjcars.com/images/70-ta-challenger.gif

FYI, the original Dukes drove a 1969 Dodge Charger. The original Starsky & Hutch drove a 1972 Ford Torino.

I have been working on an essay documenting my personal experiences with fast cars.

Those auto show photos are great. Any more to come?

Carl from Chicago said...

Yup... gotta space out the photos since Dan is off the blog for a while. Can't shoot off all I have at once

Dan from Madison said...

That Audi can suck it, the Challenger looks AWESOME. I have always been a sucker for the muscle cars. Now if you will excuse me, I am off to the beach. Talk to you guys in a week plus.