Sunday, January 27, 2008

Podcast #7



Above is my Blue Snowball mic. The best thing to hit podcasting since people hosting them for free.

Annie inspired me to do a podcast, which seems to be an annual event now. I was doing about one a month when I started, but the last one I did was March 2007, and the one before that was a year previous. Oh well, time flies. This time I do an epitaph on the Bears terrible season and look forward to next year, and take a look at the Brew Crew. Also I talk about the cougar in Southern Wisconsin, do a segment on jerky and one about the Big Ten Network. I have a random segment as well. I even have a guest appearance by the Chicago Symphony and chroal group.

Of course I will mix some tunage in there for good measure. 50 minutes of podcasty goodness here, along with all of my other podcasts. You can listen from the page or download for later. This is my longest and best podcast to date.

Warning - I am a little more liberal than usual with the bad language so maybe not one for the kiddies.

Added: There are apparently issues with downloading the mp3 of the podcast if quicktime is your default media player. Here is a link to the solution to that.

12 comments:

Carl from Chicago said...

Cool I always like the podcasts.

I was trying to download it so that I could listen to it on my ipod on the way to work but when I click on it at the site with your other podcasts it starts to play. Is there a way to download the MP3 file from that site?

Dan from Madison said...

Yea, if you look there is a spot on the page that says "download".

Carl from Chicago said...

every time I do that it tries to bring up a quick time window and stream it. I tried it under mozilla (my usual browser) and then again under IE...

Dan from Madison said...

It is something on your end. I just did it on my laptop, with IE.

Dan from Madison said...

Why does it bring up quicktime? it is just a regular mp3. Huh.

Carl from Chicago said...

OK I will try from my laptop a bit later and change my quicktime preferences

Dan from Madison said...

Aha, here is the answer:
http://www.podomatic.com/forumpost/show/12141

Dan from Madison said...

I just realized I don't even have quicktime on my at home laptop here at home, probably why I didn't experience the same thing.

Gerry from Valpo said...

Wow, I am impressed. Your podcasts have a very professional edge. Most podcasts bore the hell out of me the first minute. Were you ever in the radio business?

I especially liked your "Why I Own A Gun" segment. You have got to be kidding me! Did that really happen? Were you living in Chicago near Broadway and Belmont at that time?

The only reason I own and carry guns is because I can. With my help of my handy Indiana Conceal Carry Permit =)

Dan from Madison said...

Tx, Gerry. Never in radio...yet. I have listened to a lot of podcasts and the secret is to not drone too long on any topic, and to mix other stuff in. I choose music. The why I own a gun segment is absolutely true, every word of it. It happened here in Madison, in the subdivision where I currently live.

Carl from Chicago said...

OK now it is working and saving it off. It is almost 100MB. Then I will load it onto itunes. Thanks for the link.

Carl from Chicago said...

Good podcast. Lots of interesting stuff. Very professional.