Monday, November 19, 2007

Welcome to Oklahoma

Part One of a series, click photo for larger.

When I left for my recent trip to Norman, Oklahoma, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I had never been to Oklahoma before. The cab ride from the Oklahoma City airport to Norman took about 30 minutes, and I was amazed to see actual oil derricks pumping oil. For some reason I thought that all of the wells in the continental US were pumped dry. I later found out that Oklahoma is the third largest producer in the US of oil and that their refining business is giant. Live and learn.

When I checked in at the hotel, these guys were in front of me in line. Now that is what I expected to see.

6 comments:

Annie said...

I can not wait for the rest of this series!

Snakeye said...

That looks about right... much like Clovis.

Jonathan said...

Nice hats!

Dan from Madison said...

I really want a cowboy hat - been wanting one for some time now. I was hoping to bump into a cowboy hat superstore but no luck. Guess I will have to be happy with the selection up here. And it isn't too bad once you get north of Madison.

Snakeye said...

They had a really big one in Clovis... I was toying with getting one. The nice ones, if I recall, run anywhere from $200-$500. That's alot for a hat!

Dan from Madison said...

I think about $150 will be my limit - I am planning on that as my x-mas present to myself. I will probably go up to Sauk City where they have a bunch of them and try some on in the next week or two.