Saturday, November 24, 2007

Oklahoma, Part Four

Here is part one, two, and three.

As I got further into the Oklahoma University campus, things looked familiar, even though I had never been there. I started dusting off memories in the ol' cranium that hadn't seen the light of day in a long time. I remembered myself in my late teens with backpack, shorts and a t-shirt tromping across the U of I campus, learning not only facts and figures, but about life. Relationships. Socializing.

One constant at the U of I quad was what we called Bible thumpers. They would set up shop and usually start accosting people as they walked by, calling the women whores if they weren't dressed like Puritans, and telling the guys that they were going to hell for a variety of reasons. They usually got a "fuck off" from most people (including myself).

Eventually a crowd would gather and start asking the preacher questions and making arguments.

Some things haven't changed on college campuses from the time I went to school 20 years ago.
video

1 comment:

Gerry from Valpo said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVeBRYh2BVY

Amen....Merle.....