Friday, August 24, 2007

Tech Review - NowLive

I was once a guest caller on Moxie's internet radio show back when she was doing it on Blog Talk Radio. It was a pretty good time and it was nice of her to let me in on the fun along with Steve H.

BTR was pretty good - basically it was a live "radio" show streamed over the internet and people could call in and talk over their phone to Moxie - just like live radio.

She has now made the move to Nowlive, which I think is a step up. In addition to the things that BTR had to offer, with Nowlive you get a (somewhat crappy) video feed of the proceedings. It looked to me that Moxie was actually in a real studio somewhere. Pretty nice. The best part was that there is a message board where creeps like me can log in and impart wisdom. Steve H. was guest hosting last night and I got an out loud laugh out of Steve and Moxie when I laid down a pretty damned good line. Moxie had some liberal doofus on her show in the studio and I was getting bored of his whiny pissing and put up a message that said "less liberal guy, more Steve H.". Moxie and Steve H. both laughed out loud but the liberal guy had no clue what was going on since he couldn't see Moxie's laptop and the messages that were scrolling on it.

Fun! I asked them to have the liberal guy do a shot of Jim Beam too - that didn't go over as well as the first line. I laid a few other good ones in there to boot. It was a blast. It seemed that the others that were messaging were pretty boozy. I didn't understand some of the comments.

Anyway, the technology was pretty good. The stream worked well. The video somewhat sucks and I would prefer a nice still photo every five seconds over crappy video any day.

I haven't done a podcast for a long time and was thinking instead about doing a live radio show someday where our tens of readers could call in and contribute or call me names. I haven't picked the platform yet, but would like to gauge interest here - please drop a comment if you would like to hear me, and possibly Carl and Gerry drone on about guy stuff for 45 minutes or an hour.

17 comments:

Annie said...

"Tens of readers"- LOL!!
Does it have to be 45 minutes of "guy stuff"? Not even ONE mention of nail polish for sights?
No talk of pink Glocks?
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t81/JetGirlPics/PinkGlock-1.jpg
No "purse should match shoes AND the holster" discussions?
What. A. Rip.
:p

Dan from Madison said...

Gah, you and your shoes Annie. Women. Thank god I have a good one that dresses me properly before I am seen in public.

Annie said...

Ha!
Hey, I'm just happy you didn't knock the pink Glock.
That's *technically* not the "dark side",
... right??

Dan from Madison said...

No comment on the pink Glock.

Annie said...

LOL!!!

Hey here's a topic to start off the girly segment...
The nail polish for your sights should be named appropriately! Who do we contact to get some Ruger Red, Savage Silver, or Anschutz Amber? (I was gonna say "Taurus Teal", but "Taurus" made me throw up in my mouth a little).
:o

Dan from Madison said...

I am not a Taurus guy either, but a friend of mine got a hold of one of their .357's and it looked OK. But enough of this, you are ruining my blog with all of this damned girly talk, I am going over to yours to talk man.

Dan from Madison said...

Heh, mission accomplished.

Annie said...

OK, OK! *I* know when to take my potpourri and lace and go home!
Just remember...
even the gun companies cater to us!
Smith & Wesson-
#1 choice in feminine protection.
:p

Dan from Madison said...

Some of those Ladysmiths are wonderful revolvers.

Carl from Chicago said...

I just went over to her blog and posted about Flight of the Choncords. That show rocks (well in a geeky sort of way)...

Dan from Madison said...

I don't have HBO so had never seen that show before - that is some pretty funny shi'ite.

Annie said...

Carl! I don't know who's blog you posted Flight of the Choncords on, but it wasn't mine! LOL!Man...Somebody is gonna be mighty corn-fused when they read their blog! Hahahaha!!!

Dan from Madison said...

He was talking about Moxies blog. That was confusing to me as well.

Annie said...

Ah! Gotcha! :)
Now go watch the Colts!

Dan from Madison said...

COLTS?!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH......

Annie said...

:-}
Yeah, we start our stompin' *pre*season, too!
...if you didn't already notice. HA!

bgsince681 said...

NowLive owns. The voice of real democracy is coming back to the people on the internet. If you haven’t been to nowlive.com it basically lets anyone with a phone and a computer host their own talk show. There’s a widget to broadcast your show on your blog or website. I think the “social broadcasting” buzz word might actually have some credence now.