Thursday, August 23, 2007

Jeepers Creepers What a Night!

Bad news tonight all around. First the weather...

Last weekend here at the country bunker we had 3.75" of global warming in two days. Tonight the rain guage shows we had another 2-3". Mon-Wed delivered another 1/2" each day. Copious amounts of rain, strong winds and vivid lightning tonight too. Not as bad as some of our midwestern neighbors who live near rivers have had to deal with lately. Hang in there river-rats. You may want to think about building on higher ground next time.

Now for the traffic report....

Tonight I caught a train out of Chicago and what usually is a 1 1/2 hour trip took 3 hrs. Almost as bad as a major snowstorm. Damn rotten I tells 'ya!

In other bad news...my local wrench called me today and and broke the news. The entire rear-end of my Jeep needs to be rebuilt. Gearbox, axle bearings, the works. The good news is he is charging $1200 for parts and labor. Not bad at all. A Jeep dealer would charge twice that amount. So at least I got that going for me...which is nice.

Here's a rear end shot of the Jeep and my favorite bird dog, Speck. On a much better day.

No comments: