Sunday, August 12, 2007

Football Blog

College Football is the name of the game - the best game on the planet. Pushing the NCAA, steroids, game fixing and all the rest aside, I consider college football my favorite, yea, the BEST sport ever.

With this in mind, myself and my internet buddies Snakeye and Astro (sidenote - I have never met either of them - another of those trust deals) have created the Saturday Football Update. It is pretty neat, with rotating banners up top (one minute for rotation) and the awesome helmet bar just below it. Each helmet represents one player in the betting pool.

We have recently put up a few conference previews, and I have authored the Big Twelve (two part with North and South) and Big Ten items. Astro did the C-USA posts, and soon Snake will put up the Mountain West. Johnny J will be sending in his 1-aa PAC Ten preview. John The Irishman is responsible for getting us a few notes on how bad Notre Dame will be this year, and that will cover all of the teams in the pool. Another sidenote - I will delight in tormenting JTI as ND goes .500 and rejects a bid to the Poinsettia Bowl later this fall.

We have a pool with eight participants, and the winner receives a case of premium beer from all the others. That is 168 beers and maybe more - damn that will be sweet for the winner. We better all be invited to some sort of party for that. It is a random pool, and you can check out the rules on the site if you are interested. No thinking is involved. You will need to be "vouched for" so if you want to play, drop me a line and I will get you in. Sorry Gerry from Valpo, ND is taken, but you can have any other team not taken already if you are interested in playing. Even Carl is in the pool this year.

Things are slow over there now, but come football season I expect posts with more than a thousand comments, especially as the booze gets flowing and the Saturdays wear on.

A few words of warning - the language will be harsh, especially in the comments as we talk smack. Typically it gets more raw as the day gets longer - and more fun.

3 comments:

johnnyj said...

There you go dissing the pac-10 again...I'm still working on the preview...

The football site does look good though...
I'm VERY excited for the season...I'm throwing a party for the Huskies opener vs. Syracuse in a couple of weeks (friday the 30th)...I'm sure I'll jump into the shark tank to set you fools straight..

Dan from Madison said...

Quit making excuses and get us the preview jj. I wonder what the line will be on that UW Syracuse game...I am smelling sidebet...

johnnyj said...

UW is favored you pac 10 hater...Sidebet?