Monday, June 11, 2007

Propaganda

In my readings over the years about WW2 one of the areas the most fascinating to me is the effect of propaganda - on both sides.

Via James over at Hell in a Handbasket comes this very cool propaganda film about the D-Day invasion, packaged nicely for the German populus.




The message is the same - the brave German fighters fend off the menacing Allies. But what is most interesting to me is seeing some of the weapons I have read about in action, including artillery pieces, pack howitzers, machine guns, anti aircraft weapons and just plain old infantry rifles.

If you have an extra ten minutes today and you are interested in this sort of thing, this film is well worth your time.

It is interesting how much time they spend on finding broken up gliders all over the place. I am sure the Berliners by this time would have preferred that the heavy bombers were getting shot down rather than these gliders.

No comments: