Monday, April 02, 2007

White Sox Opening Day

It was a beautiful day for the Chicago White Sox home opener. Too bad the starting pitching and relievers were shelled from the very first batter (who hit a home run).

One highlight - the flyover - my camera is not very sophisticated but I was able to point and click right as they flew overhead. This is sheer luck because my camera has a significant delay after I push the button until the photo is taken...

Today was supposed to be the day "hell" breaks out for CTA riders as they run on 3 vs. 4 tracks. Since I get on in River North and am going south I figured we'd escape the worst of the congestion which is north of where I live. The wait on the platform wasn't too bad and we went to the absolute first car on the train (a trick I recommend to anyone taking the "EL"). However, the train got to be completely packed as we went through the loop Red Line stops - you couldn't fit a single additional person in the train car (and remember, this is the front car, which is usually the emptiest of the entire train). People were even walking between the train cars while it was in motion to escape the crowds. On the way back it was very crowded (this was to be expected, because people were starting to leave the office and head north) - someone kept resting their rear end on the emergency stop button causing the conductor to slow down and come over the PA system to tell people to knock it off. Sorry that my photo isn't so great... it is dark on the Red Line stops and I didn't want to freak people out with the flash.

1 comment:

Snakeye said...

F-18s... they'd make Skate and Stro proud...