Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Line in the Sand

As my life has gone along it has been interesting where my "Lines in the Sand" have become drawn. Here are a few.

I don't care if the Bears win the Super Bowl every single year, I will never, ever pay a Personal Seat License (PSL).

I will never, ever surrender any of my property to an enemy - I will die first.

I don't care how many gun grabbing laws they make, I will never, ever surrender my firearms.

Those are probably small potatoes for some, but there they are. Oh yea, one more.

I will never ever pay a tax to grill some meat, like they now have to do in Belgium.This global warming jihad really needs to calm down a bit. And as soon as Al Gore, John Edwards and all of the rest of the climate clowns move out of their 30,000 square foot mansions and quit buzzing around in private jets and limo's I will be all ears. Until then, they can all take their stupid grilling taxes, quack science, carbon credits, and lectures and stick them.

My semi-annual rant is now over, back to our regularly scheduled blogging.


7 comments:

Snakeye said...

That's retarded. It's funny, tax something that humans have been doing for 10,000 years or more: cooking food over fire. Yeah... that's a huge contributor to greenhouse gases! In fact, screw the automobile and many other modern comforts, I think it was this senseless barbequeing of food that brought us out of the last ice age and killed the wooly mammoth. Stupid mankind... tsk tsk.
Really though, the people that made that law are f'ing idiots.

Kevin Lomax said...

Dumb question, but wouldn't the idiots in the helecopters running enforcement of the tax produce more harmful emissions then the grilling?

Dan from Madison said...

That is a pretty good point, Kevin.

Anonymous said...

It is a hoax...
Belgium local authorities deny barbequing tax reports
The government of Wallonia has refuted allegations of plans to introduce a tax on barbequing in this Belgian French-speaking region.
...
"We have repeatedly denied this information, which is nothing but an April Fool's Day joke. But we never imagined it would create such a fuss," said the press secretary of Wallonia's minister for agricultural, rural affairs, the environment and tourism.

Dan from Madison said...

HAHA if it is a hoax, it got me. The sad part is that it isn't very far from believable.

Annie said...

And as soon as Al Gore, John Edwards and all of the rest of the climate clowns move out of their 30,000 square foot mansions and quit buzzing around in private jets and limo's I will be all ears.
Well said. I'm so fricken sick of all the GoreBlahBlahBlah, I can hardly stand it.

johnnyj said...

Great rant DFM!

That is a good "April Fool's" joke...If it's not a joke I suggest taking a picture of a FAT STEAK coooking on the engine of your SUV and then mail it to your grammy winning hero: big Al.