Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Orlando

Thank god I was able to get out of the cold for a few days - what a long, nasty brutal winter it has been. I am lucky to have been able to spend a few moments by the pool today before work tomorrow and Friday.

It has come to this for my travel. Since I don't fly too much (maybe six times a year) and I was getting hosed HALF the time when flying out of Madison and taking connecting flights I have started flying out of Milwaukee.

Last night I spent the night at the Sheraton Four Points by the airport. If you stay a night there ($98) you can park for FREE. That wasn't bad, but the hotel was kind of lame. Old rooms, no internet. But they had quite a nice pub, where I enjoyed a burger, a beer and a pretty good basketball game.

From there I took a five minute shuttle to the airport and a nonstop flight to Orlando. For not flying out of Madison, I am out three hours of drive time (1.5 there and back), the gas money and about $58 for the hotel room (since the parking at my airport is about $8 per day - $98 for the room - $40 to park in Madison). The airline ticket was about $75 cheaper than flying out of Madison, as well.

I think that is a decent trade for avoiding connecting flights. Too bad it has had to come to that for the Maidson airport, but it was just getting ridiculous. By the way, Milwaukee has quite a nice airport, and was much larger than I thought it would be.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Huh. And all I got was crappy streaming radio from Miami to get *me* through the "snow yick blues" today.
Cabin fever.
Cabin fever.
Cabin fever.