Friday, February 16, 2007

Baseball Pool Closes Tonight

Pitchers and catchers have reported.

Wow we have a lot more people in the pool than I thought we would have! My goal was four but we have doubled that! There will be a lot of good trash talking and looks like I will be very up to speed on baseball this year as I will be doing a DAILY update, as long as I am not on vacation or something like that. Here is the latest:


  • Carl from Chicago has the Chicago White Sox
  • Craig has the Detroit Tigers
  • JohnnyJ has the Chicago Cubs
  • Snakeye from the Frag has the Cleveland Indians
  • PS Indy from Hobart has the New York Mets
  • Annie has the Florida Marlins.
  • Dan from Madison has the Milwaukee Brewers
  • PSL Dave has the Boston Red Sox
  • John of the Bulgarian Underground Railroad has the New York Yankees
  • graphix, who I believe is my cousin, has the Los Angeles Dodgers

Again, we are doing this mostly for fun and pride and I am happy that a lot of people have gone along for the ride. Obviously many of the teams above have zero chance of winning (especially mine) so it is great that so many are in it to lose - and have fun.

Anyone else interested in joining can see the details here. Drop me a comment or email and I will get you in.

24 comments:

johnnyj said...

Ok, who is the Red Sox dandelion blower..? I can't complain, I pick the bsox over the yankees any day...just wondering.

Next to the Mets peote eater...good for you...how is pedro?

Dan from Madison said...

Kerry Wood fell in his HOTTUB last night. The flubs should just get it over with and cut him.

johnnyj said...

Kerry who? He was busy with "prior" business: SUCKING

Dan from Madison said...

haha nice one jj. If Zambrano goes down, you can pack the whole season in, quickly.

johnnyj said...

Sad but true, the pitching is shit hot when they don't spend 2/3 of the season on the DL...
Geez, I'll just say it in advance: "There's always next year."

Snakeye said...

looking like a pretty hefty group.

Dan from Madison said...

Yea, looking at it I am thinking the grand prize will probably be around $200 or $250 worth of amazon bucks to the winner.

Plenty of side bet action coming I would imagine as well.

johnnyj said...

I haven't checked the inter-league schedule yet...Any good match-ups?

Cubs vs those Cleveland SOBs for example?

Dan from Madison said...

No CLE for the flubs, but Sox for six games and SEA and TEX for three each.

Plus a slew of games with the Brewers (always great).

johnnyj said...

Yeah, I know the M's are playing at Wrigley sometime in June...The WORST time...Jen gets home about that time, we're in weddings etc...It sucks. I would do that trip in a second...We'll see...

As you know, the Brew Crew and the Cubs play plenty of times this year...You better keep my address handy...MMMMMMM beer...

Anonymous said...

Hello Dan,
This is John (apocalypto), Since I can't have the Cubbies, and I can't pass up a potential odds arbitrage, I'll take the Yankees

Dan from Madison said...

John, where do I know you from? Sorry not recognizing the apocalpyto deal.

johnnyj said...

For the a-hole that picks the YANKEES:

I hope you're from Cleveland...

Anonymous said...

Real nice. How many friends of Carl do you know that are named John? Recall the "card" games?

And for the A hole comment, I'd recommend that you ask Carl about my shooting prowess before restating...

Dan from Madison said...

Is this Bulgarian Underground Railroad John? Sorry man, brain fading.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Bulgarian underground,I should call her again. I just wrapped up with the Romanian underground as well...

Dan from Madison said...

Ahhh that john from Berwyn. OK big guy, you are in. How the hell are you anyway?

graphix said...

Nothing like getting in just under the wire...I'll take the Dodgers. Thanks for the fun!

johnnyj said...

Great, a yankee fan

graphix said...

...unless, of course, Snakeye would like to make a trade for the Tribe? Say I spot you 5 wins? ;-)

sk8 said...

DFM and JJ, I will not take a baseball position, JJ be dammed! Dfm spoiled me in CFB, too thin of skin in the tank. May you boil in oil WD, boil in oil (DIAF).

Dan from Madison said...

Oh yeah sk8 I am very thin skinned. WD isn't in the pool but nice you could take a shot at him anyway.

sk8 said...

For the record, DFM is not thin skinned, neither is JTI, thick skinned all. Had to get that shot in though.

sk8 said...

Re-read comment 3 up, that shot was not aimed at DFM, I had too many beers when I wrote it.