Monday, December 04, 2006

New Tailgating Improvements

Don't say Dan and I aren't up for improvements in tailgating. Dan's shrimp / ribs combo can't be improved upon, but other things are ripe for upgrade. A friend of ours from Europe turned us on to the "mini keg" concept which worked great. No messy bottles to throw out, and it tastes great. 2 kegs will easily feed four drinkers. BUT it gets frozen, so we had to throw it on the grill and thaw it out a bit. Otherwise it was a huge success!

 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Dan from Madison said...

That minikeg is definitely the way from now on - I just have to figure out a way to keep it cold in those early season games. I shall overcome this crucial challenge on my way to tailgating nirvana.

astro said...

Yeah, those minikegs are money. I had a German buddy that would get them from the German-only beer store at Holloman. Mmmm, Bitburger. Is that Warsteiner you've got there? A little sweet for me, but not a bad choice.

Dan from Madison said...

Yep, thats Warsteiner - it was really good. Will have to try the Bit some time.

Tom from Chicago said...

Grilling the keg! A great example who men can survive in adverse conditions.

Thanks again for taking me to the game. It was a great experience and I learned two things a) the concept of professional tailgating and b) that a Christmas Pickle is a tradition in my country. Cheers, TK