Saturday, June 03, 2006

Life's been good...

Posted by Picasa One of my (few) favorite 70's songs is that Joe Walsh classic "Life's been good". I really like the line

My Maserati does one eighty five
I lost my license, now I don't drive

Well in my parking garage where my old Altima is parked (on the right in this photo) you can see what showed up next to me... a brand new and beautiful Maserati. Here is a link to a past post about my Altima and how I am perpetually deferring its upgrade...

I guess Maserati is really coming back in the US. This car is a brand new 2006 Quattroporte. Here is a link to a description of the car and pricing... it ranges from 108k to 120k (really, if you are splurging on one of these things, I would think that you would just get the top of the line model). You can tell how big the car is by how much further it sticks out than the Altima - both cars are at the front of the spot.

For me, since I am a bit cheap, I was thinking about buying a Pontiac Solstice as a 2nd car and keeping the Altima as my "city" car. The Solstice is a very cool looking 2 person convertible that received rave reviews and can be had for a reasonable price near 20k. The only significant negative item is that the trunk is very small... I am going to go see one and see if the trunk can at least fit a small suitcase so that a couple of people could go away on a long weekend or so. I also would like to try to give a US car a try, although the Altima should get some credit since it was made in the good ol' USA.

Keeping up with the Jones is hard to do in my garage... there is also a BMW 6-series a few spots over not to mention a whole host of other BMW and Mercedes cars and giant SUV's.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the person who owns the Maserati is careful opening his car doors so as not to scratch your altima.

Dan from Madison said...

If I lived in Chicago I would own a Neon or something like it I didn't care about. Or else a Hummer H1 so everyone else gets the hell out of your way.

Dan from Madison said...

Remember when you look at that convertible that it gets below zero around here - be sure it is nice and tight.