Friday, March 24, 2006

Lou Dobbs Is A Terrible Thing to Waste

Last night I had the unfortunate experience of being placed in a room with CNN on.

I needed to get an oil change on my car and was instructed to wait in the room while it was getting done. 30 minutes of torture. I had brought along Albion's Seed as I never try to waste any time just sitting around.

They had a wide screen TV in there and on it was Lou Dobbs Tonight, on CNN. I think it used to be called Moneyline with Lou Dobbs. The volume was up so high it was impossible to read, so I just sat there and stared at the show.

I remember a few years ago Lou Dobbs used to have a pretty decent show, about the business and finance world. I was totally stunned by what I saw on his current show. He spoke like a high schooler - maybe even a junior high kid.

Every single story had the same ending - IT'S BUSHES FAULT - THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION DID THIS - THE NEVER ENDING WAR ON THE MIDDLE CLASS BY THE BUSHES - NOTHING GOOD HAS HAPPENED IN IRAQ BECAUSE OF THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION - RUMSFELD SHOULD RESIGN - and on and on and on.

I sincerely believe one day Lou Dobbs sat down and decided that his ratings sucked and that he needed to dumb himself down to get more viewers - and stake out some ground in the netherworld that is the looney left. I and the other people in the room were pretty much slackjawed about all of the TOTALLY CRAZY stuff that was coming out of his mouth. And this is in Madison, one of the most liberal places on the planet. If that isn't bad enough, his body language and the general tone were so bitter it was like he just ate a handful of coffee grounds - AND IT WAS BUSHES FAULT!!!

Does anyone really wonder why CNN and the New York Times and all of the rest of the shills of the left have no ratings or subscriptions anymore? When CNN has a guy like Dobbs going out there night after night with his childish rants and the New York Times hires stooges like Paul Krugman to write op-eds, what corner do you thing that they are painting themselves in?

Have the days of logical debate, with facts and interesting dialogue and commentary along with respectful tones passed us by? Possibly.

All I know is that Lou Dobbs needs to go for a long walk and get some fresh air.

4 comments:

Alderman Jon said...

I rarely get a chance to watch his show and after reading this I don't think I'm missing much.

His show was pretty good before he went off the air due a intra-CNN fight and also likely lost his butt on Space.com.

Carl from Chicago said...

Ever wonder why CNN is in the toilet and Fox News is on the rise? He is about as interesting as the predictable bloggers that beat the same drums over and over.

Dan from Madison said...

I just can't believe that people read those blogs over and over. The most popular blogs are typically some of the worst for content, but I have beaten that dead horse enough for a while.

Anonymous said...

couldnt agree more. he is SO TERRIBLE. i just sent an email to CNN advising them to lose that show. he is such a joke compared to the other pretty good journalists and unbias they have going on there. hardball and countdown are 10 times better.