Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Cuba


I can't remember where I heard it. It may have been a blogger or a comment to a blogger. I am pretty sure it was on a blog, however.

What I heard was this bit of interesting logic.

If we want to democratize Cuba, lift the trade and travel sanctions.

My kneejerk reaction was - what? That piece of garbage Castro would be enriched even more! But I have rolled this around in my head quite a bit.

What could be better for Cubans than a taste of the free world? The more products that flow in there, the better. That includes the most important product of all - information.

I remember when we were fighting the communist menace and we had things going like Radio Free Europe and other propaganda tools along those lines. The sole purpose of these tools is to introduce the concepts of liberty and freedom to an enslaved populace. Much like I think could be done to the population of Cuba.

The photo is a picture from a video of Castro falling last year (credit here) - one of the funniest videos I have ever seen. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Here is a link to the video of Castro wiping out - serves him right, mass murderer that he is. I have to admit, I bellylaugh every time I see this little bit of video. It just makes me happy to see a tyrant get hurt.

1 comment:

Alderman Jon said...

Thanks for the laugh! You're right, it couldn't have happened to a more deserving individual.