Monday, August 15, 2005

Bears Quarterbacks

This post was updated 9-26-07.

I have been faithfully going to Bears home games for the past 10 years or so. It has been punishment for something I did in a past life I guess. Last year they had the last ranked offense in the NFL. When Rex Grossman broke his ankle last Friday I was reminded of a post I did last November 29 - it still applies and I reproduce it here.

And for all of those who have favorite football teams that are doing well and have healthy and decent quarterbacks, don't laugh too hard. Your day may be near. Maybe next play. Anyway, here is my post from last November 29:

Today is Brett Favre day here in the land of cheese. We all know what Brett Favre and the Packers have done the last 15 years or so, so lets look at what the Bears have done since Brett Favre became the starting QB in Green Bay in 1992.

84 wins, 119 losses, three playoff games, one playoff game win.

A sad story indeed for the last decade plus. I wonder if or when fans like me will tell the Bears to start putting a decent product on the field. The only way to do this, of course, is to quit going to the games and tell them to stuff their season tickets up their ass. That action may be pending for me.

Quarterbacks that have played for the Bears since Brett Favre became starter for the Packers in 1992:(WARNING!!! Reading this list is hazardous to the health of all Bear fans)

Will Furrer
Jim Harbaugh
Peter Tom Willis
Shane Matthews
Erik Kramer
Steve Walsh
Steve Stenstrom
Dave Krieg
Rick Mirer
Moses Moreno
Cade McNown
Jim Miller
Henry Burris
Chris Chandler
Cory Sauter
Rex Grossman
Kordell Stewart
Craig Krenzel
Jonathan Quinn
Chad Hutchinson
Kyle Orton
Jeff Blake
Rex Grossman (again)
Brian Griese

One word comes to mind: brutal. The Bears defense should be pretty good, but that doesn't help when you can't score points or get a damn first down once in a while.

Related: See FrankenBear.

1 comment:

Carl from Chicago said...

I heard Hutch is gone already... good riddance