Friday, August 19, 2005

Al and Me

I spend an inordinate amount of time hating Al Franken. The reasons are many and I know I shouldn't even let the fool's words or image into my cranial space. However I live in Madison and that is life. A few months ago he was the star attraction at some sort of rally here in Madison for some cause or another. I can't remember the name of the organization but I am sure I could put it together from these words:
People Progress American Way Move Forward
Move America Forward? People for the American Way? Progressive America? No matter.

The reason I bring up my burning hatred for Al is the big (and getting bigger) scandal involving one of his pet projects, Air America. For those who don't know, Air America is a network of radio stations that broadcast "liberal" talk radio shows. What they are, in reality, is boring and failing. Their idea was to try to take one of the few bastions of media that the right enjoys supreme power in - radio - and try to compete. Unfortunately for Al, it is failing and miserably.

And now, as if I wasn't happy enough about the poor ratings Air America regularly receives, imagine my glee when the scandal started to erupt. Others have summed it up much better than I ever could. Michelle Malkin is leading the charge - her blog has quickly become one of the biggest in the blogosphere measured in hits.

If you have an extra hour or so this weekend, it makes for very entertaining reading. That is, if you are interested in two things: the downfall of Air America and legal issues. I have said many times that I would have made a damn good lawyer. I have always been interested in legal "stuff" and this case really makes my day.

Anyway, if interested, go here first. At the end of the post, there are all of the other posts she has done - go to the bottom of the list and work your way up. This will give you a better feel for how the scandal has progressed. As you work your way up from the bottom of the list the posts will be in date sequence and easier to follow.

Then, go here. This is today latest. Don't forget to read Eric Costello's six page discussion of the matter she links to in the post. He is a lawyer and can read into the language of the legal docs filed by the parties involved. Very well written in plain English.

By the way, why haven't you heard anything about this from the MSM? Just ask my good friend Bernard.

No comments: