Monday, July 11, 2005

They Had It Coming

Every morning before I go to work I give my family hugs and kisses - they are sleeping and don't know I do it, but I still do it. Why? Maybe today is my day to check out.

Car crashes, shootings, lightning, seizure, who knows. No one knows. You have to make every day count and leave life with a clear conscience. Will anyone miss you? Will your loved ones be taken care of if you leave?

One more way you might die today - terrorism. There really isn't much you can do about it unless you are in the intelligence community or the armed services. It happened in New York, DC, London. etc. Could happen here today or tomorrow.

Can you imagine that some people said that we had it coming on 911? Is there a more sick thought? Well, to all of those folks, why don't you just extend your thoughts to the logical conclusion.

What you really mean to say is that Mildred Rose Naiman had it coming. Or maybe you were talking about Asia Cottom, who was only 11. She definitely had it coming, right? Oh, I'm sorry - perhaps it was Paul DeCola, Eileen Greenstein or Cora Holland. They definitely had it coming, didn't they?

I don't know anyone who was in the Trade Center or Pentagon but they are ALL my brothers and sisters. I will never forget the pictures of their families frantically searching the downtown New York area with homemade "Have You Seen" pictures and posting them all over the place. I will never forget that day and I will never forgive those who did it. I am afraid that is impossible. Whenever I hear someone trying to bitch about Gitmo, Abu Ghraib or any other military endeavor meant to produce results that will keep THEM safe, I simply turn my computer on and pull up Google and enter "911 victims". After reading about a few of the innocent people who "had it coming" that day it is very easy for me to hate. I don't only hate those who did the crimes, but those who think we should take it easy on these villians.

I sometimes think it is too easy for me to hate. But, then again, if you think my brothers and sisters, my fellow Americans who were just going to work "had it coming", you deserve to be hated and can burn in hell.

3 comments:

Alderman Jon said...

I could not have said it any better!!!!!

Amanda Davis said...

All I can say is that my aunt is Mildred Rose Naiman and in no way shape or form did this sweet 80+ woman "have this coming". How dare someone says things like this about innocent people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Dan from Madison said...

I hear you Amanda.